Bucket List Publications is an online magazine focused on living life to its fullest and making other people’s dreams a reality. (You can read their blog here.) After reading some of their touching and inspiring lists, like Kelly Little’s Before Someone Else Kicks the Bucket and Merrilee’s Facing Life List, I decided to create one of my own.
Here goes nothing. In no particular order (except for #1)–
Stacie’s Wanna-Do-Before-I-Die list:
- Marry my “baby daddy.” ← (That’s for you, mom. Ha Ha.) P.S. He’s much more than that.
- Get manuscript published (I have to finish it first.).
- Have another baby.
- Make a living as a writer.
- Build my stockpile.
- Build a basement/storeroom.
- Visit all 50 states. (21 of 50, if you count just driving through.)
- See as many U.S. historical markers as I can find.
- Go snorkeling.
- Go on a cruise.
- Visit the Caribbean.
- Go whitewater rafting.
- See the Grand Canyon.
- See Niagara Falls.
- Visit Yellowstone.
- Build a hope chest.
- Learn how to sew.
- Make a quilt.
- Learn how to can.
- Grow a garden.
- Can my own food.
- Ride in a helicopter.
- Research genealogy as far back as the 1500’s for at least one branch of the loony tree. (I say that with love.)
- Meet my biological father. (maybe)
- Meet any other relatives on his side of family (possible half-siblings or aunts/uncles/grandparents?).
- Get sufficient medical history if not meeting them.
- Get a horse, some chickens, a couple of cows, and maybe a cat (We already have two dogs and two goats.).
- Go gambling.
- Float the river (any river) again.
- Go parasailing.
- See the bluest, clearest water in the world (Any ideas on this? Caribbean maybe?).
- Go to Australia (For my Pappaw, because he didn’t get to.).
- Save my grandparents’ homestead from ruin. *Sigh*
- Visit Mayan ruins.
- Go spelunking.
- Go rock climbing.
- Run naked in the rain.
- Go hang gliding.
- Ride a jet ski.
- Visit Africa.
- Have my own home office.
- Successfully quit smoking.
- Complete Associate degree.
- Get Bachelor degree.
- Visit the National Archives in Washington, DC.
- See the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Tour the White House.
- Visit the Library of Congress.
- Visit the George Bush Library.
- Attend a NASCAR race.
This is by no means a complete list as I’m sure there are tons I’m forgetting. I may add to it later on down the line.
What are your dreams? What do you want to do before you kick the bucket?
Update: see “Six Years Later: Stacie’s Bucket List” if you’re curious about my progress (or lack thereof).