It’s been about six years since I wrote my bucket list, and I’d like to share my progress (and lack thereof).
I’ve simply copied it from a previous post below, with notes and additions in whatever color this and this is. (Clearly, they are not simply “red” and “orange,” but I do not know their precise terms.)
Stacie’s Wanna-Do-Before-I-Die list:
- Marry my “baby daddy.” ← (That’s for you, mom. Ha Ha.) P.S. He’s much more than that. Done.
- Get manuscript published (I have to finish it first.).
- Have another baby. Yep.
- Make a living as a writer.
- Build my stockpile. Slowly but surely.
- Build a basement/storeroom.
- Visit all 50 states. (
2131 of 50, if you count just driving through.)
- Go RV’ing and see as many U.S. historical markers as I can find.
- Go snorkeling.
- Go on a cruise.
- Visit the Caribbean.
- Go whitewater rafting.
- See the Grand Canyon.
- See Niagara Falls.
- Visit Yellowstone. Honeymoon.
- Build a hope chest.
- Learn how to sew. Sew done.
- Make a quilt.
- Learn how to can. Totes.
- Grow a garden. Yeah buddy.
- Can my own food. You know it.
- Ride in a helicopter.
- Research genealogy as far back as the 1500’s for at least one branch of the loony tree. (I say that with love.)
- Meet my biological father. (maybe)
- Meet any other relatives on his side of family (possible half-siblings or aunts/uncles/grandparents?).
- Get sufficient medical history if not meeting them.
a horse, some chickens, a couple of cows, and maybe a cat (We already have two dogsone dog and two goats.). Cats–plural.
- Go gambling. Doneskees!
- Float the river (any river) again. Yup.
- Go parasailing.
- See the bluest, clearest water in the world (Any ideas on this? Caribbean maybe?).
- Go to Australia (For my Pappaw, because he didn’t get to.).
- Save my grandparents’ homestead from ruin. *Sigh* I think so far, so good. Things are looking up. Changes are good sometimes.
- Visit Mayan ruins.
- Go spelunking.
- Go rock climbing.
- Run naked in the rain.
- Go hang gliding.
- Ride a jet ski.
- Visit Africa.
- Have my own home office. Got it.
- Successfully quit smoking. D-U-N, done!
- Complete Associate degree. Done-skee.
- Get Bachelor’s degree.
- Visit the National Archives in Washington, DC.
- See the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Tour the White House.
- Visit the Library of Congress.
- Visit the George Bush Library.
- Attend a NASCAR race.
- Learn Spanish. Trabajo en progreso.
- Visit Italy.
- Visit Greece.
- Visit Ireland.
- See my kids graduate college, get married, and have babies of their own (if they want to).
- Get Master’s degree.
Perhaps not too shabby after all.
What about you? Leave a comment or link to your own bucket list below.
2 thoughts on “Six Years Later: Stacie’s Bucket List”
Great list. As far as #31, my vote would be Mo’orea or the Bahamas. The lagoon in Mo’orea is out of the world pretty. 🙂
Thanks for the tip! I’ll have to look into that.